On the Air 2020: Exploring Air Pollution Sources and Solutions
The interactive On the Air education curriculum provides teachers with information and resources to teach students about air quality and climate issues. The On the Air curriculum was developed with middle school students in mind, at schools within the metropolitan Baltimore-Washington region. However, the curriculum is accessible to science teachers across the country and can be viewed at the On The Air website or downloaded any time.
What can you expect from On the Air 2020?
- 5 modules aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards, the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL), and the Common Core State Standards for Math & Literacy
- Inquiry-based 5E lesson sequences built around local phenomena
- Engaging and interactive lessons with a wide variety of student-centered activities
- Media and technology-rich experiences that enhance student learning
- Available through a web-based interactive platform or downloadable PDFs for accessing and implementing the curriculum
The students of today will be leaders in reducing air pollution tomorrow. On the Air provides students with information about how they can make a real difference and inspires long-term action.
Summer Outreach Program
This summer, Clean Air Partners is offering free interactive outreach programs which focus on local air quality and climate change topics. This fun, interactive outreach opportunity integrates both health and environmental education through games and hands-on activities! The activities are developed for campers in grades k-9 and can be adapted for indoor and outdoor settings. Throughout their experience, campers will gain an understanding for sources of air pollution, how air pollutants are monitored, the significance of code red days, and the impacts of air pollution on health and their environment. Students will also feel empowered to make personal choices to better their health and environment as well. Download our summer program brochure for more information.
If you have any questions about the On the Air curriculum or summer program, please contact our Education Program Manager, Sarah Shpak.